Saturday, May 05, 2007

"Thoroughly Modern Millie" concludes tonight





The final performance of the Joplin High School musical Thoroughly Modern Millie is scheduled for 7 p.m. today in the T. Frank Coulter Auditorium.
The play, written by Richard Morris and Dick Scanlan, opened Thursday night. Former South Middle School in the students in the cast included: Kristin Carter, Lauren Bynum, Skye Smith, Hunter Dowell, Nikki Burkett, Daniel Burkett, Mary White, Kaycie Trumbore, Bethany Reed, Zach Bradley, Sabrina Rogers, and Noelle Kownslar.
SMS alumni on the production staff included: Hunter Dowell, Mariah Hibbard, and Kristin Carter.
The set construction crew included: Daniel Burkett and Nikki Burkett.
Costume crew included: Noelle Kownslar, Fox Navarre, Bethany Reed, Sabrina Rogers, and Mary White.

(Photos: From top, Millie, played by Mallory Hoskins, and her boss Trevor Grayden, played by Daniel Burkett; scene-stealing SMS alumni Hunter Dowell as Ching Ho and Skye Smith as Miss Dorothy; the girls at the Hotel Priscilla; Skye and Ashley Trotnic as Mrs. Meers. Photos from Joplin High School)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went to see that Thursday night. You were there. I thought it was quite amazing. Did you enjoy it?

:)

--Ashley Kissee

Randy said...

I really liked it a lot. I enjoyed the singing, the dancing, the acting, and getting to see some of my former students in the play and in the audience.

Anonymous said...

hey why didnt you stay after and say hi? well anyways what was your favorite part?

Randy said...

Sorry about not staying afterward. It was the old claustrophobia. I saw all of those people gathering around and I went into panic mode. I liked nearly everything abour the production. I didn't know you were that good of a dancer. Great job, Noelle!

Anonymous said...

glad u liked it. thanks for the e-mail, mister man. Jordyn (mccutcheon) and I were talking about your book signing today. For some reason as we were cutting open a fetal pig's chest cavity and removing the lungs and heart, you came to mind.
We'll be there!

andrea said...

The play was fantastic!
Hunter was awesome!
Everyone did great!
Hoorah for musical/theatrical productions!

Anonymous said...

GEEZE!!! I was in the pit orchestra!!! don't forget me!!!! ha ha. jk. but ya, I was in the pit.