Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Does East Middle School miss TA?

By KAYLA JOHNSON
Staff Writer


The second school year at East Middle School is different from the first in that we no longer have TA and have replaced it with Encore.

TA (Teacher Advisory) was held before normal classes from 8:30 to 8:50 a.m., but Encore is held right after fourth hour/lunch period from 12:22 to 12:54 p.m.

Encore is used to provide enrichment activities for students, with some students received guided study in math, communication arts, or reading. In TA, students were able to catch up on homework or read.

There has been much confusion in the beginning of Encore with switching classes.

"Encore will take a while to work out, but in the long run, it will benefit all of our students," eighth grade communication arts teacher Mr. Randy Turner said.

Megan Hickey, a seventh grader, disagrees, "Encore is boring and I wish TA was back."

3 comments:

Casandra said...

I think encore is benefiting everyone in some way or another.

Anonymous said...

im at JHS now. i now i miss TA. i cant bealive they got rid of it!!!

Anonymous said...

I think TA was some-what beneficial form me, a former South/East student, but I think Encore sounds like a good idea. I wish they used Encore when I was there. I would have probably been more productive than I was in TA.
-C.H.