Friday, September 07, 2007

Ms. Medlock: update from Russia


(Note: Ms. Sheri Medlock, former SMS eighth grade reading teacher is now teaching in Russia and is sending weekly updates.)

Greetings!

Big Events of the last week:

* Sunday we had Bible Study and an English lesson at the Wolfes. It was very good to fellowship with my Russian brothers and sisters.
* Tuesday the Wolfes and I went to the main English First office. We had to sign our contracts and fill out paperwork for our visa renewals. My visa expires September 29.

Struggles this week:

* The major struggle was finding an apartment. I looked at several, each with something that made it impossible for me to live there.
* I have had some problems getting use to all the walking here. This is something that will take sometime for my body to get use to it.

Victories this week:

* I found an apartment! I move in today!

Relationships:

* The time I have had living at the Wolfes has been wonderful. I am very thankful for the opportunity to get to know them better.

Daily Walk:

* I am still in 1 Peter.

Ahead this week:

* Today I move in.
* I will be talking to my supervisor at the school about what classes I will be teaching.
* Monday I start work.

Prayer:

* I am meeting with a college student, Masha, who needs a roommate. Though she can't pay much rent, she would be able to give me Russian lessons and act as a translator. There are pros and cons to this arrangement. Pray that we will make a wise decision for both of us.
* Please pray for my new students who I will soon be meeting. Pray that I will be an effective teacher and an accurate portrayal of Christ.
* Pray my health can adjust to the amount of walking I am doing regularly here.

Thank you for all your prayers. I love getting your e-mails.
Sheri

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey it is Seychell Jackson your former 8th grade 7th hour student. I would love to talk to you sometime and let you now how high school has been. Well i miss you and you have to let me know when you are going to visit joplin.
LOVE,
Seychelle Jackson