Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Moving to the "Big Kid" School

By BECKY COOPER
(Note: Becky Cooper, a freshman at Joplin High School, is a former SMS student.)
Ever since I started school, I had always considered high school as the "big kid" school.
In elementary, I thought of the students as princes and princesses, but by the time middle school came along, they were just cool people with cars.
Well, here I am, attending JHS and I can barely classify myself as a "big kid." Things seem the same. The work isn't that different, and you still switch classes. I suppose I shouldn't have expected that much of a difference. Guys are still immature, and girls are still full of themselves. High school does have some advantages though; the french fries are absolutely amazing.
Several teachers have told me that being in high school is the best time of my life. I'm just going to have to take that chance.

No comments: