Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Mrs. Mense always wanted to be a teacher


By CHRISTEN COOL
Room 210 Staff Writer

The inspiration for Mrs. Angela Mense, seventh grade communication arts teacher, to go into education came from a high school teacher, but her first teaching experience came years before that.
"I always wanted to be a teacher since I was a little girl," Mrs. Mense said. "I forced my younger brother to be my student when we played school.
"When I was in high school," she said, "my English teacher, Mrs. Resa, helped me decide that teaching was the career for me because I saw how she connected with her students and I wanted to be just like her. English has always been my favorite subject because I enjoy reading and writing."
Mrs. Mense has not regretted her decision to become a teacher. "I love to be a teacher because I get to have an impact on students' lives and be around really smart and funny kids," she said.
Education is not just a learning experience for students," Mrs. Mense said. ""it is not always just about punctuation and grammar. It's mostly about making connections with the kids and inspiring them to give their best at everything they do."

No comments: