Saturday, March 25, 2006

How I came up with my science fair project

By ALEX NEEDHAM
Room 210 Staff Writer

(The South Middle School Science Fair takes place each spring and every student in grades six to eight has to come up with a project for it.)
I was walking one day with my friend Calbe; he was eating skittles. He threw one at me, even though I hadn't done anything. We both laughed. He had the bag of skittles in his hand. "I bet if you stick your hand in that bag, you'll get a red one," I said.
"Well, let's see." He stuck his hand in the bag of Skittles and sure enough, he got a purple one.
"You know what, Caleb. I'm going to do a science project and see which color of skittle is more dominant." We both started laughing.
"Sounds good, Alex, sounds good," said Caleb.
It's not easy to find a good science project to do. You just have to look around and find something you're interested in. But to make a science fair project good, you have to put your best effort into it, hard work, and do your best. That's how I got first place a couple of years.
(Note: Winners in the SMS Science Fair will be printed on this website sometime in the next few days.)

No comments: