Thursday, October 30, 2008

WOW students observe Harry Potter Day

































By STORM WHITTINGTON
Room 210 Staff Writer



Have you ever wondered what it would be like to actually be a witch or wizard in the Harry Potter series? I have! I had a dream once that I was in the Harry Potter movies or books and that I was just a plain witch. I had more magic then anything I have ever imagined, but I guessed that was just a dream. Now, since the Harry Potter Day came out my dream can be fulfilled!

Ms. Lara Stamper, science teacher, who came up with the idea, said, “Well, Harry Potter Day was made for the WOW (What's On Wednesday) students, it was made because I had a brilliant idea and told Mrs. Turner. We also contacted Mrs. Moore and she helped us. You had to have been to WOW and we would have drawn your name out of a hat. The activities were potion making, castle creations, Harry Potter Scene It, and other things. Mrs. Turner, Mrs. Moore, and I were the creators of the Harry Potter thing. I got the idea of it about a month ago. We asked about and they let us hold it in the library.”

Harry Potter Day was really fun according to some of the WOW students who went there.

(Photos by Elaina Warren)

No comments: