Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Mrs. Stamper gives up locks for love



By KARISSA KIBLINGER and
SHANEY DELZELL
Room 210 Staff Writers


Thousands are diagnosed with cancer every day.

Mrs. Lara Stamper, science and drama teacher, has made an effort to help those suffering from cancer to deal with their loss of hope.

"My sister, my sister-in-law and I made a New Year's resolution to donate our hair to the Pantene Program," Mrs. Stamper said. That program uses the hair to make wigs for those who lose their hair while undergoing chemotherapy. Mrs. Stamper had her hair cut recently for the cause.

Because of the contributions of Mrs. Stamper, her family members, and others who have donated their locks, there are people who have their confidence back and and are feeling better about themselves.

"It was a spur-of-the-moment decision," Mrs. Stamper said. "I don't know why people are making such a big deal about it.

"I would do it again in a heartbeat."

No comments: