Saturday, March 22, 2008

Trapped in ISS


By KENZY PIERCE

(Kenzy Pierce kept a journal of her time in in-school suspension.

JAN. 17, 2008

I am in ISS and I'm already scored. I've never been in this much trouble to be down here for five days. It's cold, it's smelly, and there's barely any light. They tape this blue plastic over the lights- I think it's to make it look gloomy. You have walls all around you- to your left, right, and one in front of you. They call it a "cubicle."

They make you copy this paper of all the rules. "No talking allowed," "Raise your hand before you speak," this, that, and the other. All you do down there is work, work, work. I get to get out sixth hour and sixth hour only! Then I have to come straight back.

When you are assigned ISS, and you're able to leave the room, you do what you've got to do, then come back. It's like a prison down here- the school is now the jailhouse, the room is your prison section, and your cubicle is your cell.

Well, the bell just rang and I have four more days, so I will write again tomorrow.

Jan. 18, 2008

Here I am again in my cell. It seems colder than yesterday. I have realized we only have three bathroom breaks a day, our lunch is served in our cell. The food is all right but I haven't eaten lunch today, nor yesterday and I don't plan to until my days are up. You are probably wondering, "Wow, what did she do?" Well, a lot of people already know, so I don't have a problem with telling you.

Well, this boy doesn't know when to shut his mouth, I got tired of it, so I hit him. Gosh, did I feel good and boy, was I happy! I kind of regret it seeing as I got five days of ISS; he got three days OSS (out of school suspension).

***
Bored...I've done all my work, I don't have a book, so I'm sitting on my butt...which I cannot feel because that's what happens you sit on your butt basically. Seven hours straight. I cannot with until sixth hour...it's freedom...for one hour...not even that. I'm about to go so until I come back...

Jan. 22, 2008
Today was kind of fun. Markell is in here and we were laughing away. That was the most fun we've had in here. At lunch, I stole Kaleb's fries, and Markell bought me chocolate. There isn't really anything going on today. It's just a normal day. Tomorrow will be more interesting, I'm sure.

Jan. 23, 2008

"Just one more day, just one more day," I kept telling myself. Hopefully, today will go by pretty quick and so will tomorrow. I don't understand how I can't get out early tomorrow or something if I don't have any work for two days. I mean, come on. I've had good behavior, I've finished all my work, I don't normally talk. Gosh, that should be a rule: If you have good behavior, finished work, and don't talk a lot, you get out early."

But today there are like 10 students down here. I'm so tired, I want to fall asleep, but can't- the prison guard catches everything. Every now and then, I'll catch myself falling asleep and jerk back up again. I'm so stoked; I'm getting out tomorrow!

A quick word of advice: DON'T GET ISS. It sucks terribly. It's only 8:26 a.m.. I have a long way to go. I'll probably try to sleep today seeing as I have no work. So I'll write when something new happens.

Jan. 24, 2008

Nothing new happened so far. Today is my last day!

It's fifth hour and I'm getting out sixth hour and seventh hour. Yesterday, five people got thrown out of ISS. They used foul language to the teacher. There's this guy down here, we have talked every day we've been down here. Today's his last day, also. I won't be able to say goodbye to him, but at least I got a number!

Jail has actually not been too bad. It's pretty good, not as bad as people think. Yeah, it's colder than any other jail, but it's pretty quiet and gives you good thinking time. I have about an hour to go until I get out...I'm dying.

It's pretty funny...everyone's attitudes. When you talk to them, they are all funny and nice, but when the guard talks to them, all of a sudden they are the total opposite...rude and snobby.

Well, I am almost out of room to write, and my time's almost up and in a few moments I will be free, so you have my cold, long story of how ISS (also known as prison) went.

Until next time...NOT!

No comments: