Sunday, October 21, 2007

Update from Miss Medlock


(Note: Ms. Sheri Medlock, who taught eighth grade reading at SMS from 2004-2007, is updating us weekly on her experiences teaching in Russia.)

Greetings Friends!

Big events this last week:
We had our second home group meeting. Four came. We discussed the ways God has been faithful in our lives. It was encouraging to hear others' stories.
Sunday, I attended an international English speaking church called ICA. I was deeply blessed by this service and hope to return. They have an early service, so I can go without missing my home church. However, the trip is about an hour away, so I may only go once a month.
I have decided to visit my sister in North Africa in January. This week I bought a ticket!
Victories this week:
I have become more accustomed to my job. Some days I feel unprepared, and yet the lesson still goes smoothly.
This weekend I spent a lot of time with Masha. We were able to discuss serious issues regarding our identity in Christ (one of my favorite topics).
Struggles this week:
The two Russian men who came to the meeting the first Saturday were unable to make it this week.
Personal Walk:
I continue in 1 Peter. I'm now in Chapter 4.
I've also been reading the Psalms.
Prayer Requests:
I have agreed to teach two more classes. One is on Saturday at 11:30. This won't prevent me from attending home group, which starts at 3:00, but it is still a nuisance. In fact, I'm not entirely sure why I agreed to teach the class except for the fact that I was asked to. Please pray that my job won't interfere with my ministry. In fact, pray my job can be a facet of my ministry.
Please continue to pray for my health. Some days I feel fine. Others not at all. I'm learning though that the more I rely on God's strength to do things, acknowledging my own powerlessness, the more I can accomplish.
Pray for the home group which meets tomorrow.
Thanks for all your prayers and encouragements. I feel deeply loved and covered in prayer.
Grace and peace!
Sheri

No comments: