Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Coach Burr's last day is Friday


By ALEX NEEDHAM
Room 210 Staff Writer

A familiar face will be missing from South Middle School next fall.
Coach Robert Burr's last day is Friday, then he will begin his retirement.
Coach Burr says he will miss South. "Absolutely, the teachers and principals are great; this is the best school I've been at in my 25 years at Joplin."
He also has positive things to say about the students. "Ninety-nine percent of them have been good." With the other one percent, he said, he handled them by "making them realize they are at school and they should behave while they are here."
Coach Burr got into teaching "so I could coach," he said. "I like teaching P. E. It is one of the true necessary subjects in school."
Coach Burr's role model is his dad. "I've always tried to be a good person just like him."
Though he will miss the people at South, Coach Burr says is time for him to retire. "I'm ready to move on and try something different, but I'm sure going to miss it."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Coach Burr is the best P.E teacher ever!!!! He will help you get "buns of steel" lol inside joke 3rd hr!!! We'll miss ya coach!!!
~your student!~
Dani 3rd hr!

Anonymous said...

Coach Burr, will be missed deeply in the hearts of his 8th grade Advance P.E. classes... He's a great coach. Alwayz makin us work hard... WE'LL MISS COACH BURR!!!!
Garrett Dowell 3rd hour

Anonymous said...

OMG! he was the best P.E teacher! omg that shockes me! he was told us to work our hardest and usually we did ( not sayin anyting about the guys in my hour!! you all know who you are!) We will miss you! coach!