Thursday, October 06, 2011

Kasey Kreager is new EMS sixth grade social studies teacher

By KATHRYN BROWN
Staff Writer

Miss Kathryn Kreager is the new sixth grade social studies teacher at East Middle School.

“I am enjoying my new job! I love interacting with students everyday. I am excited to share my passion for other cultures with students,” said Miss Kreager.

Already the students have learned continents, oceans, latitude and longitude, and much more. Over the course of the year, the students will learn maps and globes, other cultures, economics, and the geography and politics of the United States.

This is Miss K’s first teaching job. She was an intern in Northwest Arkansas last year.

Miss Kreager’s birthday is in July. And to celebrate, she goes swimming. She also lives in Fayetteville, Arkansas, which is 80 miles from Joplin. She says, “Sometimes I feel like I live in my car.”

Miss Kreager is excited to be part of East.

No comments: