Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Update from Miss Medlock

(Note: Former SMS eighth grade reading teacher Miss Sheri Medlock is providing weekly updates from Russia where she has taken a teaching job.)

Greetings Friends!
Big events this past week:

* After I wrote last week about my new class, it didn't happen. No one showed up. Apparently there was a Halloween party the children all went to, and the director forgot to tell me. However, in 30 minutes my class should start. Maybe.
* Last Saturday home group was again John, Masha, and me.
* Sunday after church I went with the Wolfes to a party for EF. It was quite an experience. The restaurant had Georgian food. Not like the Georgian food I was born with, though.

Struggles this past week:

* I have had a sinus infection all week. Because of this I haven't really done much. I am starting to feel a little better.

Victories this week:

* Despite feeling horrible from the sinus infection, I was able to teach all week. God always gives me the strength to do what I need to do.
* I received my first care package from my friends in Joplin. This was an amazing encouragement all week.

Family:

* Please continue to pray for my grandfather's health.

Daily Walk:

* Though still memorizing 1 Peter, I have also been reading Mark. I'm falling more in love with Jesus.

Ahead this week:

* Home group meets after my English lesson today. Today I expect John and Egor. Masha is out of town. Egor came to our first meeting but hasn't made it since then. I'm encouraged that he is coming today.

Prayer Requests:

* Please pray for my health. I'm not over the sinus infection.
* Pray that I will develop more relationships with those I work with.
* Pray for the home group that God will lead and direct us.

It's been a quiet week. I've slept late then gone to work, not feeling really prepared. But in this time I have felt how completely I am in God's hand. I heard a song this week that said of God "Warm is Your hand." I like that. We often think of God's hand as strong and mighty. But warm has the idea of a hand that strokes your cheek with compassion and love. His hand has been warm.
Sheri

No comments: